Tete de Moine, 850g
Tête de Moine AOP, literally monk’s head, is a cylindrical, smeared semi-hard, unpasteurised cheese weighing around 800 grams. It boasts a very fine consistency, which melts in the mouth. It isn’t cut; instead, it is scraped into fine rosettes using a girolle cheese curler or similar tool. By scraping the cheese, the area of the cheese that comes into contact with the air increases. This changes the structure of the cheese and allows the aromatic, gently melting flavour to develop to its fullest. Even the monks in the Bellalay monastery in the Bern town of Jura used to scrape their Tête de Moine AOP with this superior knife. According to tradition, the cheese was used by the monks as currency back in the 12th century.
*this product does not come with a girolle. The picture is showing a serving suggestion, a girolle can be purchased separately
|Age||6 - 8 Weeks|
|Country Of Origin||Switzerland|
|Strength Of Cheese||Strong|
|Style Of Cheese||Firm|
|Style Of Cheese||Washed Rind|
- We deliver on Thursdays and Fridays (cut off for orders respectively Monday and Tuesday at 10am).
- We deliver any order value, however you can get free delivery for orders above £100.
- We deliver Nationwide.
- Products can also be picked up Wednesday to Friday at our sister restaurant in Chiswick, London.
- If you are not happy with the quality of the products received, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 07436569357 or use the live chat on our website. Our customer service team will do everything in their power to fix it!
- If you are unsure about any of the above or you have any other questions, just contact us and our team will answer any of your questions: we don't use bots and you will find only real people to talk to.