Picpoul de Pinet,Baron de Badassière, Languedoc, France 2021
Baron de Badassière is from the Picpoul de Pinet region of the Languedoc, near the coast of the south of France. The name of the wine refers to the Badassière vineyard which lies near the small town of Pomérols. In the 18th century, the vineyard belonged to Baron Charles Emmanuel, a colourful character who was rumoured to be the illegitimate son of King Louis XV. The wines are made exclusively for Liberty Wines by New Zealand winemaker Matt Thomson, at the Cave de Pomérols cooperative where the Vignes de L'Eglise range is also produced. The grapes arrived at the winery in the early morning and were macerated on the skins for a few hours, then pressed by pneumatic press. The must was cold settled for 48 hours and then fermented at a controlled temperature of 15 °C for 16 days. No oak was used and the wine was bottled early to retain freshness and delicate aromatics. The winter was marked by significant rainfall, and the rain continued in to the spring. Flowering and fruit set took place in good conditions. Summer experienced very high temperatures, but there was no water stress caused to the vines because of the good water reserves supplied by the rain in winter and spring. The grapes for this wine come from selected vineyards around the Étang de Thau, planted on clay and limestone soils.
Food pairing: In general, Picpoul pairs well with oysters, other lighter seafoods, and some cream-based dishes where the acid serves as the perfect counterfoil to the tongue-coating creaminess.
This wine is pale lemon in colour with a youthful rim. On the nose, it has aromas of citrus fruit, grapefruit, lemon and lime, and floral notes. On the palate, it has attractive weight, with a good balance of zesty acidity and minerality, as well as a touch of saltiness on the finish. 100 % Picpoul.
- Feature(s): Vegan, Vegetarian
- Winemaker: Graeme Paul, Joël Julien
- Alcohol (ABV): 13 %
- Acidity: 5.49 g/l
- Residual sugar: 0.76 g/l
- pH: 3.27
- We deliver on Thursdays and Fridays (cut off for orders respectively Monday and Tuesday at 10am).
- We deliver any order value, however you can get free delivery for orders above £100.
- We deliver Nationwide.
- Products can also be picked up Wednesday to Friday at our sister restaurant in Chiswick, London.
- If you are not happy with the quality of the products received, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 07436569357 or use the live chat on our website. Our customer service team will do everything in their power to fix it!
- If you are unsure about any of the above or you have any other questions, just contact us and our team will answer any of your questions: we don't use bots and you will find only real people to talk to.