French artisan cheese - Mimolette Vieille - 250g
This French version of the classic Dutch cheese Edam is coloured bright orange with the addition of Annatto, a seed from a bush native to South America. It has a dry, lunar, grey-brown pitted rind due to the introduction early on in the ageing process of cheese mites, which nibble on the rind, continuously exposing more of the pate to air. Very aged cheeses have the appearance of an cannonball, giving the cheese it’s nickname. The full rounded flavour of the cheese – salty, sweet, caramel-like – pairs perfectly with a good dry red wine.
Made from cow's milk
Country of origin: France
Type: semi hard
Fat content: 40%
Flavour: buttery, caramel, nutty, salty
Synonyms: Boule de Lille , vieux Hollande
- We deliver on Thursdays and Fridays (cut off for orders respectively Monday and Tuesday at 10am).
- We deliver any order value, however you can get free delivery for orders above £100.
- We deliver Nationwide.
- Products can also be picked up Wednesday to Friday at our sister restaurant in Chiswick, London.
- If you are not happy with the quality of the products received, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 07436569357 or use the live chat on our website. Our customer service team will do everything in their power to fix it!
- If you are unsure about any of the above or you have any other questions, just contact us and our team will answer any of your questions: we don't use bots and you will find only real people to talk to.