Livarot - 200gm
One of the oldest and greatest Normandy cheeses, Livarot is a monastic French cheese easily distinguished by its washed rind and pungent aroma. Originating in the commune of Livarot and protected by AOC since 1975, the cheese is also called "The Colonel" because of the five strips of raffia that encircle the cheese, similar to the one worn on a French army colonel's uniform.
Livarot is considered to be one of the finest cheeses by aficionados who love its soft, golden paste with little holes and springy texture. The taste is nutty, melting in the mouth, to release flavours of a salty lemon and spiciness. The texture is creamy, smooth and quite runny at room temperature. Each wheel is washed in brine, coloured in annatto and matured for up to two months in warm, humid cellars to develop the above-mentioned delicious taste.
Livarot is best enjoyed with a full-bodied red wine, glass of Calvados, Normandy cider or even a traditional French hard cider. It tastes excellent with crusty bread and fruits or added to vegetable, fruit salads, soups and gratins.
It is sold as a whole and wrapped fresh in 200gm portions for for you.
Made from unpasteurised cow's milk
Country of origin: France
- We deliver on Thursdays and Fridays (cut off for orders respectively Monday and Tuesday at 10am).
- We deliver any order value, however you can get free delivery for orders above £100.
- We deliver Nationwide.
- Products can also be picked up Wednesday to Friday at our sister restaurant in Chiswick, London.
- If you are not happy with the quality of the products received, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 07436569357 or use the live chat on our website. Our customer service team will do everything in their power to fix it!
- If you are unsure about any of the above or you have any other questions, just contact us and our team will answer any of your questions: we don't use bots and you will find only real people to talk to.