Klevner` Pinot Blanc Réserve, Cave de Hunawihr, Alsace, France, 2019
This small co-operative, founded in 1954, has 110 members and 200 hectares of vineyard in the Haut-Rhin, nine kilometres from Colmar. Their wines are vinified using only their members' grapes, with a focus on expressing the rich diversity of Alsatian soils.This Pinot Blanc is a blend of micro-parcels from the Hunawihr vineyards. The temperature-controlled fermentation took place between 16-18°C for three weeks, followed by four months in stainless-steel tanks to settle before careful filtration. The wine did not go through malolactic fermentation.Budburst happened later than normal however this was followed by a very hot and sunny summer which meant that flowering was early. These conditions meant the grapes were well ripened and in excellent health with an early harvest beginning on August 27th.
Sheltered from oceanic influence by the Vosges Mountains, the Alsace wine region has a semi-continental climate which stays sunny and dry throughout the growing season, lengthening the ripening period. The slopes surrounding Hunawihr, a picturesque village of half-timbered houses and a 14th century church, are some of the most celebrated in Alsace for grape-growing. Cave de Hunawihr’s fruit is sourced from 25-year-old vines grown in vineyards running along the south and south-east facing hillside slopes around the village, at an altitude of 250-320 metres. The vineyards cover an area of 36 hectares, located on a geological fault line across Ribeauvillé which gives soils composed of clay, limestone marl and chalky gravels.
Food Pairing: The sort of dishes with which you'd pair a light unoaked Chardonnay or a smooth dry Italian white like Soave are risottos and pastas with creamy sauces or spring vegetables work well.
Pale yellow, this wine is very fresh and striking on the nose, with citrus and pear aromas. Rich and silky, this is a full-bodied wine with good balance and fresh acidity. Flavours of lemon and white flowers continue on the long finish. 100% Pinot Blanc.
Winemaker: Anthony Bondon
Alcohol (ABV): 12.5 %
Residual sugar: 2.3 g/l
- We deliver on Thursdays and Fridays (cut off for orders respectively Monday and Tuesday at 10am).
- We deliver any order value, however you can get free delivery for orders above £100.
- We deliver Nationwide.
- Products can also be picked up Wednesday to Friday at our sister restaurant in Chiswick, London.
- If you are not happy with the quality of the products received, you can email us at email@example.com or call us on 07436569357 or use the live chat on our website. Our customer service team will do everything in their power to fix it!
- If you are unsure about any of the above or you have any other questions, just contact us and our team will answer any of your questions: we don't use bots and you will find only real people to talk to.