Gaperon - 300g
The origin of this cheese is located on the plains of Limagne, when the "poor" farmers skimmed the milk to make butter and used "Gape", that is to say the Buttermilk, to make this cheese. To enhance the taste, they had the idea of mixing fresh garlic and pepper to the dough. Legend has it that the dowry of a girl to marry was measured by the number of Gaperons hanging above the mantel; in fact, this indicated the quantity of butter produced and thus the size of the livestock, and therefore the wealth of the farm.
CHARACTERISTICS AND FLAVOURS
When fresh, the Gaperon does not have a crust, but the surface quickly becomes covered with a whitish veil. The dough is very crumbly, brittle and sprinkled with fine particles of pepper and garlic.
It reveals a fresh lactic taste which is enhanced by a marked fragrance of garlic and pepper which heats the palate, the grainy texture becomes melting in the mouth. The Gaperon is characterized by a great length in the mouth, the garlic and the pepper are very persistent, so it is advisable to eat it in the last!
Fat content: 28%
PALM OIL FREE
- We deliver on Thursdays and Fridays (cut off for orders respectively Monday and Tuesday at 10am).
- We deliver any order value, however you can get free delivery for orders above £100.
- We deliver Nationwide.
- Products can also be picked up Wednesday to Friday at our sister restaurant in Chiswick, London.
- If you are not happy with the quality of the products received, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 07436569357 or use the live chat on our website. Our customer service team will do everything in their power to fix it!
- If you are unsure about any of the above or you have any other questions, just contact us and our team will answer any of your questions: we don't use bots and you will find only real people to talk to.