Crozes-Hermitage Rouge, Maison Les Alexandrins, Northern Rhône, France, 2020
Maison Les Alexandrins is the newly renamed collaboration between Nicolas Jaboulet, formerly of the eponymous winery in Tain, winemaker Guillaume Sorrel and viticulturalist Alexandre Caso. Each person brings their expertise to this micro-négociant, an extension of Domaine Les Alexandrins, established in 2015. The aim of Maison Les Alexandrins remains the same: to buy parcels of fruit from some of the top growers in each appellation in the Northern Rhône. Following the construction of a new winery in Tain-l’Hermitage in 2019, Maison and Domaine Les Alexandrins is now a permanent fixture in the Northern Rhône. The grapes were cold-macerated before being fermented for 28 days with pumping-over at the beginning followed by punching-down towards the end. The wine was aged in 30% new oak and 70% stainless-steel tanks for 15 months. The grapes for this wine were sourced from different plots in Hermitage. 30% of the grapes used came from ‘Grandes Vignes’, where the soils are granite, giving wines with good tannin structure. 60% of the blend comes from vines which grow on stony soils, adding aromatic complexity, while the remaining 10% come from vines grown on calcareous soil in 'Muret’. This parcel adds elegance and finesse. These three type of soils are very complementary and they each bring a different element to the final blend.
Food pairing ideas: Crozes-Hermitage wines pair seamlessly with an entire meal. In their infancy, they make the perfect companion for rabbit and poultry or quite simply cold meat starters. They sit well alongside Saint-Marcellin, the king of local cheeses, for the cheese course. Shiraz 100%.
This wine is intense ruby red in colour with dark reflections. There are rich aromas of black and red fruits with sweet and smoky spice. On the palate, there are notes of fresh blackberry flavours, pepper and toast. Medium-bodied, this wine is well-balanced and it's powerful tannins will soften with cellaring.
Winemaker: Nicolas Jaboulet
Alcohol (ABV): 14 %
Residual sugar: 0.2 g/l
- We deliver on Thursdays and Fridays (cut off for orders respectively Monday and Tuesday at 10am).
- We deliver any order value, however you can get free delivery for orders above £100.
- We deliver Nationwide.
- Products can also be picked up Wednesday to Friday at our sister restaurant in Chiswick, London.
- If you are not happy with the quality of the products received, you can email us at email@example.com or call us on 07436569357 or use the live chat on our website. Our customer service team will do everything in their power to fix it!
- If you are unsure about any of the above or you have any other questions, just contact us and our team will answer any of your questions: we don't use bots and you will find only real people to talk to.