Château de Fontenille, Entre-Deux-Mers Blanc 2020
Vines have been grown at Fontenille since the 13th century and a pilgrimage route, protected by UNESCO, runs through the vineyards to the neighbouring Abbaye de la Sauve Majeure, whose monks tended the vines for hundreds of years. Stéphane Defraine bought the property in 1989 and has gradually renovated the buildings and replanted and extended the vineyards. He now owns 42 hectares, of which 12 hectares are white wine varieties and 30 are red. The wines represent excellent value, with considerably more weight, interest and purity of fruit than other examples at this price. The free-draining soils of the Fontenille vineyards and high winds help maintain grape health and contribute to the pure fruit evident in this white wine. Full-bodied with crisp acidity and a moreish, white pepper finish. This wine is light gold in colour. The nose is complex and pure, with aromas of citrus fruit and white peaches. Full-bodied, with fresh acidity, the palate is well balanced. The lingering finish has a pleasant pepperiness to it.
FOOD PAIRING:Rocket salad with lemon and parmesan, asparagus risotto,English pea ravioli with Crab or Lobster, Angel hair pasta with basil pesto, Yellowtail sushi with avocado,white fin fish, such as Cod or Halibut with beurre blanc.
- Feature(s): Vegan, Vegetarian, Sustainable, Carbon Neutral
- Winemaker: Stéphane Defraine
- Alcohol (ABV): 12.5 %
- Acidity: 3.35 g/l
- Residual sugar: 1.4 g/l
- pH: 3.55
- We deliver on Thursdays and Fridays (cut off for orders respectively Monday and Tuesday at 10am).
- We deliver any order value, however you can get free delivery for orders above £100.
- We deliver Nationwide.
- Products can also be picked up Wednesday to Friday at our sister restaurant in Chiswick, London.
- If you are not happy with the quality of the products received, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 07436569357 or use the live chat on our website. Our customer service team will do everything in their power to fix it!
- If you are unsure about any of the above or you have any other questions, just contact us and our team will answer any of your questions: we don't use bots and you will find only real people to talk to.