Artisan Swiss cheese - Appenzel extra - 250g
There are two types of Appenzeller cheese: common (made with skim milk and brine-cured for 12 months and festive (full milk cured with brine as well as pepper and the sediment from the white wine-making process). The cheese originates in the north-eastern Swiss canton of the Appenzell near the Liechtenstein border but, today is also made in the canton of St Gallen (which is a siege of a special authority protecting a Genuity of Appenzell).
Appenzeller is sold in three varieties
- "Classic". Aged 3-4 months (Silver label)
- "Surchoix". Aged 4-6 months(Gold label)
- "Extra". Aged 6+ months (Black label)
Made from cow's milk
Country of origin: Switzerland
Type: hard, artisan, smear-ripened
Texture: firm, open and smooth
Flavour: fruity, spicy, tangy
Alternative spellings: Appenzeller Extra, Appenzeller Surchoix, Appenzeller Classic
- We deliver on Thursdays and Fridays (cut off for orders respectively Monday and Tuesday at 10am).
- We deliver any order value, however you can get free delivery for orders above £100.
- We deliver Nationwide.
- Products can also be picked up Wednesday to Friday at our sister restaurant in Chiswick, London.
- If you are not happy with the quality of the products received, you can email us at email@example.com or call us on 07436569357 or use the live chat on our website. Our customer service team will do everything in their power to fix it!
- If you are unsure about any of the above or you have any other questions, just contact us and our team will answer any of your questions: we don't use bots and you will find only real people to talk to.