Saint-Estèphe , Château Capbern, Bordeaux, France, 2013
Château Capbern is one of the best kept secrets of Saint-Estèphe. It is the sister property of Château Calon Ségur, and had been owned by the Gasqueton family from 1894 until it was sold in 2012, following the death of Denise Capbern-Gasqueton. A Cru Bourgeois, it is an excellent example of a wine that performs above its classification.This wine is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Cabernet Franc from vines that have an average age of 35 years. It was made in the traditional manner, fermented for 18 days and spending 18 months ageing in 40% new oak barriques.The 41 hectare property is located to the east of Calon Ségur near the village of Saint-Estèphe, overlooking the Gironde on gravel and limestone soils. Saint-Estèphe is one of the northernmost communes on the left bank. The water-retaining, cool and clay soils underneath the layer of gravel allows the vines to perform better than some of its neighbours during hot and dry years.
Food pairing ideas : Estephe can be best when served with roasted, braised or grilled meats like steak, veal, pork, beef and game. St. Estephe is also a natural wine and food pairing with hard and soft cheese.
This is a beautifully balanced wine. It has all the hallmarks you would expect from a Saint-Estèphe, with charming cassis fruit and structured but not drying tannins. It is drinking very well now, but can be cellared for many years. 68% Cabernet Sauvignon , 31% Merlot, 1% Petit Verdot .
Alcohol (ABV): 13 %
Acidity: 3.47 g/l
Residual sugar: 0.20 g/l
- We deliver on Thursdays and Fridays (cut off for orders respectively Monday and Tuesday at 10am).
- We deliver any order value, however you can get free delivery for orders above £100.
- We deliver Nationwide.
- Products can also be picked up Wednesday to Friday at our sister restaurant in Chiswick, London.
- If you are not happy with the quality of the products received, you can email us at email@example.com or call us on 07436569357 or use the live chat on our website. Our customer service team will do everything in their power to fix it!
- If you are unsure about any of the above or you have any other questions, just contact us and our team will answer any of your questions: we don't use bots and you will find only real people to talk to.