Fleurie, Dominique Morel, Beaujolais, France,2020
At its best, Beaujolais is a deeply pleasurable wine and Morel's wines encapsulate this style better than most. Dominique Morel has 12 hectares of vineyard in Beaujolais and Fleurie. The vines are up to 70 years old, something that accounts for the intensity of his wines. To sum up his philosophy, Morel says: "I make wines that I like to drink, with lots of fruit, good colour and a rounded mouth-feel''. Pre-fermentation maceration of whole bunches was followed by semi-carbonic maceration (70% whole bunch, 30% destemmed grapes). Dominique allowed the temperature of the must to rise for a couple of hours to help the extraction of colour, aroma and tannins. He chilled the wine before the fermentation took place, which lasted a week.The wine was handled gently with minimum intervention and remained in temperature controlled stainless-steel tanks until bottling.
Food paring ideas: always serve Fleurie very slightly chilled and pair it with sausage, Boudin Noir (read: Blood Sausage/Black Pudding), Quiche Lorraine, Roast Chicken, cheeses such as Cantal, Reblochon, and Saint Nectaire, or the traditional Andouillette.
This wine has fragrant violet and red fruit aromas on the nose and a palate bursting with bright fruit and supple tannins. It is an elegant wine with a long, persistent finish. 100% Gamay.
Feature(s): Vegan, Vegetarian
Winemaker: Dominique Morel
Alcohol (ABV): 13 %
Acidity: 4.8 g/l
Residual sugar: 1 g/l
- We deliver on Thursdays and Fridays (cut off for orders respectively Monday and Tuesday at 10am).
- We deliver any order value, however you can get free delivery for orders above £100.
- We deliver Nationwide.
- Products can also be picked up Wednesday to Friday at our sister restaurant in Chiswick, London.
- If you are not happy with the quality of the products received, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 07436569357 or use the live chat on our website. Our customer service team will do everything in their power to fix it!
- If you are unsure about any of the above or you have any other questions, just contact us and our team will answer any of your questions: we don't use bots and you will find only real people to talk to.