Kamptal Riesling, Loimer, Lower Austria,2021
Rieslings and Grüner Veltliners. Unlike many Austrian producers who go for an overly rich and sweet style, Fred gets full ripeness in the vineyard yet ferments to dryness, managing to produce wines with lovely definition, zest and balance on the palate. The grapes were carefully selected and hand picked into 20kg crates a the end of September. After a short maceration of 4 hours, the grapes were pressed. Fermentation took place in stainless-steel tanks at a controlled temperature of 20°C for 4-8 weeks. The wine remained on its fine lees for four months and was bottled in March 2019.Situated at 200-400 metres above sea level, the climate of the Kamp Valley is characterised by cool nights and warm days, with a long, sunny autumn. The high summer temperatures are mitigated by the River Danube and the Waldviertel (forested area). Its long growing season, and the difference in temperature between night and day, gives the grapes a chance to reach full ripeness and develop fine perfumes and flavours. Soils here range from 'Gföhler gneiss', the primary rock comprising the hills of the Kamptal, covered by a layer of brown soil with some chalk running through it. Fertile loess and clay soils also appear in this area. The grapes for this wine come from fine old vineyards around Langenlois and nearby areas such as Zöbing, Gobelsburg, Schiltern and Mollands. Both young and old vines grow in gneiss (80%) and the remaining 20% are grown on gravel and loess.
Food pairing ideas : They're delicious with foods that have "green" flavors, like the lime, jalapeño and tomatillo in this snapper dish. Their vibrant acidity and minerality can also be terrific with rich dishes flavored with a squeeze of lime, like beef curry.
This wine is bright yellow in the glass. There are aromas of ripe apricots, melon and currants on the nose.This wine is crisp and invigorating with vibrant acidity. The finish is long with lingering notes of apricot. Riesling 100 %
Feature(s): Certified Biodynamic, Certified Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian
Winemaker: Fred Loimer
Alcohol (ABV): 12 %
Acidity: 6.2 g/l
Residual sugar: 2.1 g/l
- We deliver on Thursdays and Fridays (cut off for orders respectively Monday and Tuesday at 10am).
- We deliver any order value, however you can get free delivery for orders above £100.
- We deliver Nationwide.
- Products can also be picked up Wednesday to Friday at our sister restaurant in Chiswick, London.
- If you are not happy with the quality of the products received, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 07436569357 or use the live chat on our website. Our customer service team will do everything in their power to fix it!
- If you are unsure about any of the above or you have any other questions, just contact us and our team will answer any of your questions: we don't use bots and you will find only real people to talk to.