Aloxe-Corton 1er Cru `Les Valozières`, Domaine Chevalier, Burgundy, France, 2019
Established in 1850 by Emile Dubois, today the domaine is run by grandson Claude Chevalier with his two daughters, Julie and Chloé. The domaine totals 15 hectares, lying on south-easterly facing chalky-clay soils, and is situated in Ladoix, right on the doorstep of Aloxe-Corton, in the north of the Côte de Beaune. The grapes are hand harvested and carefully sorted before temperature-controlled fermentation for between 15 and 20 days (vintage dependant) with regular cap management (punching down and pumping over) and post-fermentation maceration on the skins prior to pressing. The wine is then transferred to oak barrels (25% new oak) where it ages for 11 months before the final blend is assembled and later bottled in January.The Domaine Chevalier vineyards are spread across three villages at the northern end of the Côte de Beaune: these are Ladoix, Aloxe-Corton and Pernand Vergelesses. Their Aloxe-Corton 1er Cru vineyard 'Les Valozières' is on a prime slope with south to southeast aspect and is planted with 80-year-old Pinot Noir vines.
Food pairing ideas: Some pairing ideas with red Aloxe-Corton wines: roast chicken, steak with peppercorn (without cream), rabbit with mustard, mutton. ... In terms of pairing for the red wines: grilled red meat, poultry, lamb, duck or turkey with chestnuts. For the white wines: quiche lorraine, grilled zander, Comté cheese. 100% Pinot Noir. This is a beautiful wine with subtle spice from the oak and rich dark berry aromas on the nose. Still young, it needs to be cellared for a couple of years and will become even better with age, gaining complex flavours of leather and earth.
Feature(s): Vegan, Vegetarian
Winemaker: Chloé Chevalier
Alcohol (ABV): 13 %
Acidity: 5.05 g
- We deliver on Thursdays and Fridays (cut off for orders respectively Monday and Tuesday at 10am).
- We deliver any order value, however you can get free delivery for orders above £100.
- We deliver Nationwide.
- Products can also be picked up Wednesday to Friday at our sister restaurant in Chiswick, London.
- If you are not happy with the quality of the products received, you can email us at email@example.com or call us on 07436569357 or use the live chat on our website. Our customer service team will do everything in their power to fix it!
- If you are unsure about any of the above or you have any other questions, just contact us and our team will answer any of your questions: we don't use bots and you will find only real people to talk to.