1er Grand Cru Classé Saint-Émilion, Château Magdelaine, Bordeaux, France, 2009
When to Drink Chateau Magdelaine, Anticipated Maturity, Decanting Time.
Chateau Magdelaine is better with at least 5-10 years of bottle age. Of course that can vary slightly, depending on the vintage. Chateau Magdelaine is best enjoyed in the first 7-25 years of life. However that is vintage dependent as a recently tasted 1928 was sublime!
Young vintages can be decanted for about 2 hours or so. This allows the wine to soften and open its perfume. Older vintages might need very little decanting, just enough to remove the sediment.
Chateau Magdelaine is best served at 15.5 degrees Celsius, 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
Food pairing ideas: Chateau Magdelaine is best paired with all types of classic meat dishes, veal, pork, beef, lamb, duck, game, roast chicken, roasted, braised and grilled dishes.
Chateau Magdelaine is also good when matched with Asian dishes, hearty fish courses like tuna, mushrooms and pasta.
When the 2012 St. Emilion Classification was announced, the owners of Chateau Magdelaine, Ets. Moueix, declared that 2011 would be the final vintage for the property.
From that point forward, the vineyard of Chateau Magdelaine would be merged into their other estate in the appellation, Chateau Belair-Monange. 100 % Merlot
- We deliver on Thursdays and Fridays (cut off for orders respectively Monday and Tuesday at 10am).
- We deliver any order value, however you can get free delivery for orders above £100.
- We deliver Nationwide.
- Products can also be picked up Wednesday to Friday at our sister restaurant in Chiswick, London.
- If you are not happy with the quality of the products received, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 07436569357 or use the live chat on our website. Our customer service team will do everything in their power to fix it!
- If you are unsure about any of the above or you have any other questions, just contact us and our team will answer any of your questions: we don't use bots and you will find only real people to talk to.